Sunday, April 24, 2016

Dewey's Read-a-thon: End survey

1) Which hour was most daunting for you?

6:00ish at the end of a grocery shopping trip with my hubby and kids. I was anxious to get back to my audio books, but hubby wanted to keep stopping at this store and that store searching for Prince albums. I'm gutted about Prince too, but come on, honey! We're in Minnesota, and every physical album is already going to be snapped up.

2) Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

ELEANOR & PARK by Rainbow Rowell is the most engaging book I started. The audio book is very good - natural sounding and bittersweet.

3) Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season?

Nope! Excellent work everyone!!

4) What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

I enjoyed the random geekiness in the new Facebook group.

5) How many books did you read? What were the names of the books you read?

Completed 4 out of 5 that I started.

I AM AMELIA EARHART picture book by Brad Meltzer and illustrated by Christopher Eliopoulos. The mischievous drawings reminded me of the Calvin& Hobbes comics. (completed)

LITTLE BIRD'S BAD WORD picture book written and illustrated by Jacob West (completed)

ANNA BANANA: 101 JUMP ROPE RHYMES by Joanna Cole and illustrated by Alan Tiegreen (completed)

ELEANOR & PARK by Rainbow Rowell (completed)

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ by Frank L. Baum (didn't complete)

6) Which book did you enjoy most?

A toss up between ELEANOR & PARK and I AM AMELIA EARHART. Actually... I might just have to go with the picture book over the romance.

7) Which did you enjoy least?

The audio version of THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ was annoying to listen to. Not very motivating to listen to, but I needed something appropriate for my 6-year-old to listen to. ELEANOR & PARK was totally NOT appropriate for her.

8) How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

Totally! As a reader. If I remember to sign-up early enough, I will donate money or prizes or shipping. Hopefully, the Facebook group updates will remind me to plan ahead next time.