Sunday, April 24, 2016

Dewey's Read-a-thon: Book fuel

So, I accidentally discovered this "recipe" a couple of weeks ago.

Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip

8 oz cream cheese

1/4 c canned cranberry sauce (Whole berries if you like some texture. Cranberry jelly is you like a smooth, non-chunky dip.)

Let the cream cheese come to room temperature. It makes it easier to mix it. Combine the cranberry sauce and cream cheese. Using a food mixer makes mushing them a quick task. For maximum flavor marination, let the dip sit for a hour or two. Enjoy with fruit or my favorite - pretzels!

This cranberry cream cheese combo was originally meant for turkey and swiss roll-ups. I was making the roll-ups for a potluck, but I switched this out for another flavor cream cheese. So this was all mixed up but taking up space in my fridge. For breakfast, I grabbed it and paired it with pretzels. NOMMMMM!