Sunday, October 18, 2015

Dewey's Read-a-thon: Opening Questions

Dewey's Readathon. (Or is it Read-a-thon? Anyway.) It takes place every October and April and is all about the joy or reading.

Everytime I sign up to do it, I end up traveling. With two kids! (Why do l do this to myself?! Anyway.) Couple such distractions with the slow pace I read at means I am always Johnny-come-late to the surveys. This read-a-thon is already complete; it took place last Saturday, October 17th. Yet, here I am doing the introductory survey on Sunday night. This just goes to show that yes, I do commit to Dewey's Read-a-thon despite such daunting distractions! But only barely and by the seat of my pants.

1. What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

While on a road-trip, I've stopped in Lawrence, Kansas.

2. Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

Best to Laugh by Lorna Landvik

3. Which snack are you most looking forward to?

A caramel apple

4. Tell us a little something about yourself!

I'm a mother of two lovely but clingy little ones. And I always seem to be traveling every read-a-thon. I don't know how it quite happens or if it'll ever get easier.

5. If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?

Bringing extra adults on this road-trip.