Monday, October 27, 2014

Countdown to October 31st

It's that time of year! While it's not my favorite holiday, Halloween does feel like the kick-off my favorite season - fall. As a theater major, I've always appreciated the absurdity of celebrating costumes. (A crucial part of a thespians workload.) This year, I've got my two kids' costumes in the bag, and we're stocked up on candy. But I do need to line up a few more things before this Friday:

Finish my own costume. (This happens every year, I get started, and then - SQUIRREL!)

Line-up a fellow preschooler to go trick-or-treating with.

And pick-up something to give for All Hallow's Read.

Since eclectic author Neil Gaiman started this tradition, I'll let him introduce you to his spur-of-the-moment idea that's now 14 years old. How long does this take to qualify as a "ritual?"